GAYTON PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
Applications are invited for the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to work for 35 hours per month.
The Parish has eleven Parish Councillors who meet monthly at the Jubilee Hall in Gayton on the first Monday of every month at 7.30pm (with the exception of August). The job is home based and candidates will need a good level of computer literacy. The Council will provide a monthly allowance for the use of the Clerk's personal computer and printer. Previous experience as a Clerk is preferred but training could be arranged for the right person.
The main tasks include:
- To arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings.
- To prepare agendas and minute meetings.
- To liaise with the district and county councils, other organisations, official bodies and the public as required.
- To manage the Parish Council's finances and prepare accounts.
- To attend to correspondence.
- To carry out duties as required by the Parish Council.
The salary accords with National Pay Scales.
Further information can be obtained by phoning the current Clerk.
Applications should be sent in writing (by post or email) to:
East Winch Road
Tel: 01553 841387: e-mail email@example.com
GREAT WITCHINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
The Parish Council are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer. The post is four hours per week, though more hours may be required in busy periods. The hours are flexible with the exception of attendance at meetings, which are held on the 3rdMonday of the month at 7.30pm (between six and ten meetings per year).
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal, verbal, written and IT skills and ideally some experience, although a full handover will be given by the current Clerk. The salary will depend on experience and qualifications but will be between SCP 16 (£9.054) and SCP 20 (£10.099) per hour.
The main functions are:
- To arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings
- To prepare the agenda and minute the meetings.
- To liaise with the District and County Councils, other organisations and official bodies and the public as required.
- To manages the Parish Council's finances and prepare the accounts for annual internal and external audits.
- To attend to correspondence and administrative tasks.
- To review all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders & Financial Regulations on an annual basis.
- To manage the Parish Council website
- To maintain Parish Council files and records
CVs with a covering letter detailing relevant work experience, qualities and skills should be sent to the current Parish Clerk - Sonya Blythe, 73 The Cains, Taverham, Norwich, NR8 6FU or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact the Clerk for additional information. Closing date 5 May 2017.
RYBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer
Ryburgh Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to take on the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
The post is for 5–7 hours per week includes attendance at all Parish Council meetings (meetings are every 6 weeks on a Tuesday evening) and responsibility for the finances of the Council and its risk management. Candidates should have book keeping skills, communication, IT and organisational skills. Pay will be in line with NALC guidelines and according to experience and qualifications. Support and training will be provided. Written applications with CV and stating relevant work experience, qualities and skills you would bring to this post should be sent to the Chairman, Suzanne Bushby. For further information, please contact Suzanne on01328 829175/07785 505015 or send Suzanne an email email@example.com.
Alternatively contact the Locum Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 24 April 2017
SHORPHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
The Parish Council is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Clerk/RFO who would wish to build a long term working relationship.
Shropham has seven Parish Councillors who meet six times a year at 7pm in the village hall usually on the last Wednesday of the odd numbered months – January etc. Where appropriate, it is preferred to keep meetings concise. No precept has been levied since 2014.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings.
- prepare the Agenda and the Minutes of the meetings.
- liaise with the District and County Councils, other organisations and official bodies as appropriate.
- manage the Parish Council's finances and prepare the accounts for annual internal and external audits.
- attend to correspondence and administrative tasks.
- review all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- manage the Parish Council website.
- maintain Parish Council files both paper and electronic.
Please will you send your application with CV and two references either by email to email@example.com or by post to David Napier, Shropham Vicarage, Attleborough NR17 1EJ.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31 May 2017.
SOUTHERY PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
A vacancy has arisen for the role of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Southery Parish Council, start date is 8 May 2017
Details as follows:
- The Position is home based working 4.5 hours per week.
- Salary is to be agreed, depending on qualifications and experience, within national guidelines.
- The main duties will include:
- To arrange and attend all Parish Council Meetings and the Annual Parish Meeting.
- Preparation of agendas and minutes.
- Dealing with all financial matters including the production of financial statements for audit.
- Submitting an annual VAT Return.
- Preparing records for PAYE
- Dealing with Parish Council Insurance Policies
- Ensuring Planning Applications are dealt with and comments submitted to King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council by return deadlines.
- Attendance at Training Events.
- Arrange burial plots
Any other duties the Parish Council may require you to carry out.
Applicants will be expected to have good IT skills
Please send letter of application and CV, either by post or e-mail, to the Chairman: Cllr Terry Hipsey.
WEASENHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
Weasenham is a small village of two parishes with approximately 300 households. Until recently there were two parish councils but following a Community Governance Review these were dissolved and this new Council created. The Council wishes to employ a Clerk/RFO to start as soon as possible.
A contract based on the standard job description, terms and conditions will apply. The salary based on the national Pay scales, will reflect experience and relevant qualifications. The new Council's routine workload has yet to be established, but it is anticipated that the Clerk will be contracted for 8 hours a week. Mileage and other expenses at approved rates will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Clerk's usual place of work will be their home, but will include attendance at formal Council meetings.
The Council meets routinely bi-monthly, with additional meetings being arranged, if necessary. The Clerk will need a flexible approach to work to ensure that deadlines are met; some weeks may require more time and others less. Since its creation in May 2015 much progress has been made, however there is still work outstanding to ensure that all its policies and practices are relevant and correct.
The Council would like to qualify for the Power of General Competence so preferably the applicant would be experienced, CILCA qualified or close to qualification (but not essential). They should have good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate - using word and excel, email, PAYE and RTI and possibly WordPress for the website. The Clerk will have the use of the Council's computer and laser printer.
Further details in relation to the post and the village may be obtained from the Councillor/Clerk Mr Richard Bowyer 01328 838737
Applications with a full CV and details of two referees should be sent to;
Mr R Bowyer, Jannic, Massingham Road, Weasenham, Kings Lynn, Norfolk PE32 2ST
(previous applicants need not re-apply as their applications will automatically be reconsidered)
The Councils email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council website is: weasenhamparishcouncil.norfolkparishes.gov.uk
The advertisement will remain open until the vacancy is filled.