Norfolk ALC currently runs one conference per year. This allows us to meet in person, network and learn new skills. A programme of interesting talks is provided and exhibitors also attend to promote their services.
4 October 2023 – The Nest, Norwich
You are all invited to our Autumn Conference and AGM. A packed day full of useful information for both Clerks and Councillors, members and non members.
- D Day – 80 (Bruno Peek CVO OBE OPR – Pageant Master)
- Neighbourhood Plans & Planning System ( David Chetwyn MA MRTPI, IHBC, FInstLM, FRSA Director Urban Vision Enterprise CIC)
- The Work of Community Action Norfolk (Rik Martin CEO Community Action Norfolk)
- Keeping Financial Regulations Relevant (Steve Parkinson Parkinson Assoicates)
- Quality Awards Scheme (Charlotte Eisenhart Member Services NALC joined by Cllr R James Fransham Parish Council)
- Public Loans Board Applications (Holly Morris Policiy Officer Dept of Levelling Up Housing and Communities)
- HM Lieutenancy in Norfolk (Lady Dannatt MBE)
- Unveiling the Power of AI (John Fagan CEO Scribe Accounting)
- ECO Responsible Lighting (Katherine Brown Blachere Illumination UK)
- Sheringham Shoal and Dudgeon Extensions Update (Susan Falch-Lovesey Stakeholder Manager at Equinor ASA)
16 Trade Stands
- Blachere Illuminations UK
- Breakthrough Communications
- Cloudy IT
- KBS Depot
- Norfolk Fire Solutions
- Parish Asset Management
- Parish Online
- Pear Technology
- Sovereign Play
- Norfolk ALC AGM
- Presentation of the Sarah Thorpe Award for Clerk of the Year by Sarah’s daughter
Norfolk ALC is the recognised National Body for this Sector in Norfolk. We believe that all Councillors and Clerks require training to undertake their positions for the good of this sector, and as such there are no additional charges for non-members, we just want everyone to be able to participate.
£25 a head including lunch
AND Join the Signature Scavenger Hunt and win!
Explore 10 trade stands, collect their signatures then enter the prize draw
1st Prize – Amazon Fire Tablet
2nd Prize – Free Online Training With Norfolk ALC (Up to £40 in value)
3rd Prize – The Good Councillors Guide to Employment 2023
Further information on the speakers and trade stands and more can be found in the Conference Programme:
Norfolk ALC Council of the Year Award
Over the last year Town and Parish councils have been playing their part delivering first class services for their residents. Now is the time to celebrate all the excellent projects local councils have undertaken and also give other councils the opportunity to learn from best practice.
The project should be making best use of the finances, raised via the precept, via a successful grant application or both. The council needs to take the lead with the project and can work in partnership with any other local organisation. The council should demonstrate how local residents have been consulted and involved with the project. Finally the success of the project needs to be evaluated to see if it has met its objectives.
Sarah Thorpe Council Employee of the Year
Staff are vital for making sure a council runs smoothly and services are delivered in a timely and professional manner. Some members of staff go above and beyond what is expected and they need to receive a special thanks.
Any councillor can nominate their own council or a member of staff for the award. This should be a single A4 sheet outlining why they should be considered for the award. A council of any size can be nominated and the nomination should be written so the council or staff member cannot be identified. The person making the nomination can highlight what they believe are the strengths of the nomination. Nomination must be submitted by Monday 31st July 2023.
Shortlisting and Voting
An Independent Panel will consider all the nominations and draw up a short list in both categories. Each council will have the opportunity to vote on the anonymous short-listed candidates. The short listed council will have the opportunity to make a presentation of their project at the Norfolk ALC AGM before the winners are announced.