GREENWAYS TO GREEN SPACES – towards a greener, healthier and more connected Norfolk
Wednesday 16 March, 7pm
Join the team from Norfolk County Council team who are developing the Greenways to Greenspaces approach to make Norfolk a greener, healthier, and more vibrant place for humans and wildlife.
In our last webinar, we looked at the extensive Rights of Way and Trail network and how parish councils could encourage their communities to engage more with their local area.
This follow up webinar looks at another key theme from Norfolk's Environmental Policy "Recovering nature and enhancing the beauty of landscapes."
This will be an exciting chance for anyone within Parish and Town Councils who is interested in local 'nature recovery' to see how local communities can use their rights of way and green spaces to support a more integrated and connected approach.
We will talk about a range of exciting ways that Parish Councils can start planning for a greener and more nature-rich environment:
- Trees in the community– the important of trees in our communities, what are the opportunities create a healthier, more resilient and connected communities.
- Case studies will be provided and suggestions for further information and funding opportunities
- More than trees: how to make the most of green spaces to increase biodiversity and wellbeing. Can your Neighbourhood Plan support your aspirations? What funding and further information is out there?
- Engaging with other organisations around nature and green spaces; Norfolk Biodiversity information Service, volunteering groups, Norfolk Green Care Network
- Finally, NCC's Monument Project will tell us about their important project to help connect people living with dementia and their carers with the natural world. Their project is already making people think, act and plan differently
There is a growing network of people across Norfolk who are making a real difference for the natural world and this webinar will be a chance to see where the journey could take your community.
This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, to book a place please go Eventbrite
Posted: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 10:30 by Kevin Bacon