Author: Kevin Bacon
For Clerks and Councillors:
- Effective Communication for Positive Outcomes, Tuesday 27 April 10am
- Engaging your community, Wednesday 28 April 7pm – evening date
- Planning for Parish Councillors, Wednesday 28 April 7pm – extra new evening date
To book a place on the above courses go to our booking page
Play area inspection courses – delivered by CAN in Dereham.
Posted: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 08:59 by Kevin Bacon
BUILDING RESILIANCE – delivered by Nicki Williamson, of The Wellbeing People
This two-hour course helps delegates to understand and increase their own resilience levels, manage expectations and effectively communicate with others. The course covers:
• Resilience – what is it and how do we increase it?
• Understanding Ourselves and Others
• Expectations – how to manage... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 12:30 by Kevin Bacon
MANAGING GOOD PERFORMANCE
Wednesday 26 April 1.30pm (90 mins)
Whether your staff work from home, the office or are out and about, you want to ensure their motivation and delivery both remain strong. This session explores the theory and practice of motivating and achieving high performance from your team.
Speaker - Maria Aguilar, Director at HR Services Partnership.
Maria Aguilar worked across various... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 09:00 by Kevin Bacon
In view of this morning's sad announcement the following statement has been issued by NALC:
"It is with great sadness that the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has learned of the death of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh.
"I know that those in the local (parish and town) council sector would join me in extending their condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and members of the Royal... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:09 by Kevin Bacon
We still have a few places left on courses coming up in April listed below. Go to our booking page for more information, booking and further courses.
Delivered by Associate Tutor Alan Fairchild MBE, FSLCC, Honorary Vice-President of Society of Local Council Clerk.
This course is designed for existing Chairman and those who are considering the role.
Role of the Clerk
This new and improved... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:05 by Kevin Bacon
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend. We will be back in the office from 9am on Tuesday 6 April.
Posted: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 16:30 by Kevin Bacon
Join the online event on planning and power, taking place on 28 July 2021.
The Planning White Paper in 2020 signalled a new sense of direction in the world of planning as the government seeks to meet housing targets and provide places for people to live. But at what cost to local democracy? Hear from an expert panel on where the local flow of power has gone and where it is going.
The expert panel features:... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 10:00 by Kevin Bacon
- We are currently at step 1, as below, with the restricted use of Norfolk CC Libraries and Community, with a few exceptions.
- At step 2 (no earlier than April 12), then "gatherings" limits will come into play in relation to any activities hosted, as below.
- For adult learning, if the activity falls within the list of what is classed "education and training" (see definitions below) then they are able to... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:00 by Kevin Bacon
on tomorrow's Operation London Bridge training hosted by Philip Peacock SLCC, clerk to Huntingdon Town Council.
Posted: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 14:15 by Kevin Bacon
STILL NOT DONE YOUR CENSUS?
NEED SOME FRIENDLY FACE TO FACE ADVICE?
SAVE THAT KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR!
MEET WITH A CENSUS ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Four times daily (EXCEPT THURSDAYS)
(UP TO AND INCLUDING 2 APRIL)
telephone 020 3956 0776 PIN: 2212 38602#
Organised by Census Engagement Managers Norfolk & Suffolk
Posted: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:00 by Kevin Bacon