Events & Training
Norfolk ALC are pleased to work with parish and communities by delivering training and holding events in local venues.
Norfolk ALC has been awarded EU funding under the Local Investment in Future Talent funding programme for Norfolk and North Suffolk. This enables us to provide deliver improved as well as reduced cost clerk training over the period to December 2019.
Gabbie Joyce, who many of you will know as an experienced clerk here in Norfolk, has already been employed to roll this out locally.
Benefits for clerks can include reduced cost CiLCA training over this period, so if the cost of such training has been a barrier for you or your council, and you've especially wanted to achieve this clerk qualification, please contact us about what we will be able to offer.
We will be looking to speak further with many of you around the county this coming month to ensure that we best use this welcome extra funding to meet your particular requirements.
You can apply for a Clerk's Bursary from SLCC Norfolk for our training courses and conferences. You will need to check the rules on the application form listed below. If you wish to apply for this, we advise that you do so as soon as you book a place on a Norfolk ALC training course.
- SLCC Training Bursary Application Form (Word Document, 43 Kb)
SLCC Training Bursary Application Form
Training & Events
- Please note that sessions will only be run if there is demand from at least four delegates.
- Non members should add 50% to the cost.
- Joining instructions will be issued to the person making the booking by email approximately a week before the course date.
- Invoices will be sent to parish councils approximately one week before the course. Any enquiries regarding invoicing should be made to Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01603 638496.
Should it be necessary for a delegate to cancel, the following charges will apply:
- 24-72 hours notice given: 50% of the cost of the course will be charged.
- Less than 24 hours notice given: 100% of the cost of the course will be charged.
Invoices will be sent to the Parish Clerk.
Paying electronically: send your payment to Norfolk Association of Local Councils and email email@example.com to tell us you are paying electronically. Please include your council's name and invoice number in the reference.
Account No: 41067941
Sort Code: 09-06-66