MARLINGFORD & COLTON PARISH COUNCIL
Marlingford & Colton Parish Council is looking for a reliable, personable and self-motivated person to take on the role of Parish Clerk.
The post is for five hours per week includes attendance at 11 Parish Council meetings each year, responsibility administering the finances of the Council and developing & maintaining its website. Candidates should have book keeping, communication, IT and good organizational skills. Pay will be in line with NALC guidelines and according to experience and qualifications. Support and training will be provided. Applications by CV to the Chairman, firstname.lastname@example.org
WALPOLE PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
Applications are invited for the post of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer. The position will be for a minimum of six hours per week. Walpole Parish council is looking for an enthusiastic individual with good interpersonal, verbal, written and IT skills. An understanding of local government procedures would be an advantage and the ability to work alone. The post is offered as a home-working post.
The hourly rate will be in line with National pay scales and according to experience. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Arrange, publicise and attend parish council meetings including preparation of agendas and taking the minutes of meetings
- Attend to administrative tasks including maintaining paper and electronic files, annual review of all parish council policies, dealing with correspondence and enquiries, managing parish council allotments and parish council assets (street-lighting, play equipment, litter and grit bins etc)
- Manage the Parish Council finances and prepare the accounts for annual audit
- Advise and support eleven Parish Councillors
- Liaise with District and County Councillors, other organisations and official bodies
- Liaise with the Administrators of the Parish Council newsletter, website and social media site
- Other duties as determined by the Parish Council.
The council will supply the successful candidate with suitable IT equipment, training and support. To apply for the post, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter by 20 November to: Emma Bateman, Clerk to the Parish Council email@example.com
If you would like further information about the post, please call the Clerk on 07908 772324
Interviews will be held in week commencing 25 November.