GARVESTONE, REYMERSTON & THUXTON PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy for Parish Clerk
Garvestone, Reymerston and Thuxton Parish Council invites applications for the role of Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer to start 1 August 2022 or earlier. The post is for 27 hours a month. The council meets on Monday evenings once a month with occasional additional meetings. The role is home based and requires internet access and a phone. A laptop will be provided.
SCP pay scale range 7-11 i.e., £10.63 - £11.50 per hour, subject to experience and qualifications plus contributory pension scheme
The duties will include:
- To arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings
- To prepare agendas and minute meetings
- To liaise with the Breckland District Council and Norfolk County
- Council, other organisations and official bodies and the public as
- To manage the Parish Council's finances and prepare the accounts
- To keep the Parish Council website up to date
- To attend to correspondence on a day-to-day basis
- To act as Clerk to the Garvestone Trust
A job description is available on the Parish Council's website.
If you would like further information about the post please contact the Parish Clerk, Sue Marsh 07478 716138 - email@example.com
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to the Parish Clerk.
WEASENHAM PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY for an EXPERIENCED CLERK
Weasenham Parish Council will be saying goodbye to our Clerk of one year, Alan, for whom three other Parishes have recently grown exponentially, leaving him no choice but to part company with the furthest away.
We are now looking for an experienced Clerk, familiar with all audit and accounting procedures, and fully CILCA trained to take over this busy position.
The ideal candidate will need to work eight hours a week at a starting rate of around £14.50 per hour. Liaison is with both the Chair and the Councillor responsible for Internal control.
Weasenham All Saints and Weasenham St Peter have a total precept of £17,000.00 per annum and an annual Solar Fund income in excess of £9000.00. There are two Parish Churches and a Village Green. The Green is held in a separate Charity, managed by the Councilors, who are also its Trustees.
Additionally, there is a Former Highway's Land Charity which produces a small income, of which Councilors are also trustees.
Finally, we have a large recreation ground, upon which we have recently constructed and opened a multi-purpose Community building.
As Alan has handed in his notice, we invite applicants who would be able to start as soon as possible, in order to ensure a smooth handover period.
Please send applications on confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HONINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy for Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
Honingham Parish Council is a small parish within Broadland on the border with South Norfolk. The Council has 7 Councillors. The Council are seeking to appoint a person with administrative experience to take on the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer. The position is available from 1st July 2022. A full hand over with the current clerk is available along with ongoing training as required.
The position is flexible and home-based for 6 hours per week, with attendance at monthly meetings. A laptop and printer are provided. Salary and conditions will be based on the NJC model. Salary will be within the scale SCP 13 – 17 (£11.97 - £12.95 per hour) depending on qualifications and experience.
Administrative and financial experience would be an advantage. CiLCA qualified clerks are welcomed. You must have excellent organisational and communication skills alongside a working knowledge of using Microsoft office. The role requires the applicant to be self-motivated, to manage their workload appropriately in line with Council deadlines and to work independently.
Main duties include:
- Arranging, publicising and attending 10 Council meetings per year. Meetings are on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm, Honingham Village Hall (every month except January and August)
- Preparing agendas, meeting documentation and writing minutes
- Acting as the Responsible Financial Officer including managing the Councils finances. This includes preparing the annual budget, payment of invoices, monitoring the use of CIL, reclaiming VAT, arranging insurance, completing end of year accounts and the annual audit process.
- Managing HMRC PAYE (Basic Tools) for the payment of salaries
- Maintaining Council files and records
- Monitoring and advising on local planning applications and arranging Councillors attendance at local planning liaison group meetings
- To attend to correspondence on a day-to-day basis, including liaising with District and County Councils, local organisations and the public as required
- To implement the Council's decisions
- Managing and updating the Council website, notice boards and Facebook page
- Managing Council assets and arranging maintenance where appropriate
- Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to by informing and advising the Council and updating Council policies, processes and risk assessments
- To act as the Data Protection Officer for the Council
- To attend training as required.
For further information on the Council please see the website or contact the Clerk, Jordana Wheeler via email, email@example.com
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter via email or post by the closing date, Wednesday 25th May 2022. Interviews are expected to take place in late May.
Address: 14 Gatekeeper Close, Wymondham, NR18 0XY
FLEGGBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
SCP scales (£11.27 - £12.45 per hour)
dependent on qualifications and experience
Five hours per week
Fleggburgh Parish Council seeks a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer.
The role will include:
- Meeting administration including collation and publication of agendas, report writing, taking minutes, and offering procedural advice where required;
- Management of the Council's finances including budgeting drafting and monitoring, bank reconciliations, and audit;
- Maintaining and updating the Council's website;
- Communicating with residents, councillors, and external organisations;
- Managing the day to day administrative processes of the Parish Council.
The successful applicant should have a good level of education, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in a local government environment would be an advantage, and knowledge of meeting administration and working to deadlines is essential. The successful applicant must be available to service the meetings of the Council (normally the fourth Thursday of the month).
For further details or a confidential discussion contact Councillor Ricky Doyle on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by CV and covering letter to the postal or email addresses below:
Fleggburgh Parish Council
REPPS WITH BASTWICK PARISH COUNCIL
The Parish Council is seeking to employ a new Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer, starting from 1 April. The paid post is for an average of four hours a week which includes attendance at all Parish Council meetings which are held on the evenings of the first Tuesday of the month, excluding August. The Council covers the village of Repps with Bastwick.
You will work from home and the hours are flexible, with the exception of Council meetings. The salary will be in line with the 2020 National Pay Scales and in accordance with experience and qualifications. Scale Point 10 -17 (£11.08 - £12.73 per hour) including up to 3 scale points for relevant qualifications (CiLCA and Community Governance).
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with good interpersonal, verbal, written and IT skills, ideally with some experience, although a full handover will be given by the current Clerk. The Council will reimburse you for use of your home computer, printer and all stationery.
The Council will pay for relevant training and any applicant should be willing to attend training courses as required.
The main tasks will include:
- To prepare agendas, publicise and attend Parish Council Meetings, including the Annual Parish meeting.
- To type the minutes of all meetings.
- To liaise with District and County Councillors, other outside groups, village organisations and the public, as required.
- To manage the Parish Council finances, reconcile the cashbook to bank statements, present a list of receipts and payments for each meeting, prepare accounts for internal and external audit, manage payroll, reclaim VAT and produce an annual budget.
- To keep Councillors informed of any relevant correspondence received between meetings.
- To keep up-to-date with changes in relevant regulations and legislation and advise the Parish Councillors of such changes.
- To maintain and update the Parish Council Web Site.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by the Council.
If you require any further information please contact the current Parish Clerk on 07769 972902.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com (including your CV).
FLEGG COMMUNITY LAND TRUST
Secretary / Administrator for Flegg Community Land Trust
Flegg Community Land Trust are looking for an experienced Secretary/Administrator to support the Trustees. The CLT covers the Northern Parishes of the Great Yarmouth Borough area and is currently looking to progress its first project. Experience of successfully applying for grant funding would be an advantage. Current workload is around 4 hours per month and an hourly rate of £15 is being offered. The successful applicant would need to familiarise themselves with the rules and regulations for a Community Land Trust.
ALDBOROUGH & THURGARTON PARISH COUNCIL
Aldborough & Thurgarton Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to the Council. Immediate start or by arrangement. The position is home-based for five hours per week. A laptop is provided.
Salary to be agreed, depending on qualifications and experience, within the National Joint Council for Local Government Service's pay scale (range LC1 SCP 7 -12, currently £10.44 - £11.53 per hour (one extra point for CiLCA qualification) (increase back-dated to 1 April 2021 is anticipated).
CiLCA qualification is preferred, but applications are welcome from those without formal qualifications.
A good standard of computer literacy and general administrative experience is necessary, as well as a sense of community engagement. Duties will include:
- Arranging, publicising and attending six Council meeting per year, currently on the first Monday of the month bi-monthly in January, March, May, July, September, November, plus occasional extraordinary/committee meetings and the Annual Parish Meeting
- Preparing and publishing agendas, meeting documentation and writing minutes
- Updating the Parish Council website
- Acting as the Responsible Financial Officer. Manage the Council's finances including preparing the budget, payment of invoices, reclaiming VAT, claiming waste credits and preparing and submitting internal audit documents and end of year accounts
- Acting as Data Protection Officer with an understanding of Data Protection Regulations and Freedom of Information
- Managing HMRC PAYE (Basic Tools) and complying with Pension Regulator requirements
- Maintaining Council files and records
- Managing Council assets, including maintenance and insurance
- Dealing with correspondence, including liaising with District & County Councils, local organisations and the public
- Monitoring and updating the Council on relevant planning applications and responding where required
- Implement the Parish Council's decisions
- Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to and updating Council policies and processes.
- For further information and to apply please contact the Clerk, Sarah Hayden – telephone 01263 570223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BRINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Brinton Parish Council includes the villages of Sharrington and Brinton and meets on average six times a year. The Council is ideally seeking a clerk with some knowledge of book keeping and an interest in the community. Some knowledge of local government would also be an advantage. Previous experience and qualifications in a similar role are desirable but not essential. Applicants should be self-motivated, with good attention to detail and have good communication skills. Training will be offered in support of this important role in our community. Salary is paid according to NJC recommendations.
The main duties will include :
- To arrange, publicise and attend Parish council meetings
- To prepare agendas and minutes
- To liase with NNDC and Norfolk County Council, other organisations and official bodies and the public as required
- Record and monitor planning applications and circulate to Councillors
- To manage the PC's finances and prepare accounts for audit
- To attend to correspondence on a day to day basis and implement the Council's decisions
- To provide regulatory advice to the Council
- To upload and manage the website to comply with statutory requirements
- Monitor and update the Council's key operating documents such as standing orders, code of conduct, GDPR etc and develop and produce policies as necessary
Applications should be by CV and made to the Chairman, Debbie Hyslop at email@example.com
COLBY & BANNINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy for Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Five hours per week
Are you an experienced Clerk or Administrator looking for a flexible, interesting and varied role?
The role includes
- Organising and attending monthly evening meetings of the Council (3rd Wednesday) and monthly meetings of working groups
- Preparing agenda and meeting papers, taking minutes and following up on identified actions
- To carry out the duties of the Responsible Financial Officer in managing all aspects of the Councils finances
- Looking after the Council's property and assets
- All aspects of risk assessment
- Being the first point of contact with members of the public
What's in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to further your career or to start a new one in the community – training and support offered
- Work from home
- Salary within the range SCP13 – SCP 17 (£11.97 to £12.95 per hour)
For more information contact the Clerk on 01263 732530
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Monday 18 April 2022
HICKLING PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer (Part Time)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and suitably experienced person to support our team of 11 Parish Councillors. This is a varied and interesting role with a flexible working regime, subject to a commitment of 10 hours per week. The post is based at home, with your attendance at meetings held at the Methodist Chapel Hall in Hickling.
Good organisational and communications skills are extremely important, together with a working knowledge of email and MS Office. Applicants must be self-motivated, able to work independently and able to plan and manage their own workload.
Key duties include:
- Arranging, publicising and attending Parish Council meetings,
- Preparing meeting agendas and minuting the meetings.
- Liaising with the District and County Councils, other organisations and official bodies and the public as required.
- Managing all aspects of the Parish Council's finances and preparing the accounts for annual internal and external audits.
- Managing correspondence and other administrative tasks. (The annual issue, management and receipt of payment against invoices for the berthing of boats at our Parish Staithe on Hickling Broad is particularly important for this Parish).
- Reviewing all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders & Financial Regulations on an annual basis.
- Managing the Parish Council website.
- Maintaining Parish Council files and records.
- Advising Councillors on all legal matters.
Previous relevant experience would be an advantage and the appointee will be encouraged to take opportunities of training to improve their knowledge and skills. Salary will be based on the NJC Scales depending on experience and qualifications with a minimum starting salary of £13.48 per hr.
For further details and an informal chat please contact Simon Wilson, Chair of Hickling Parish Council 07979 240311 or Jo Belsten, Vice Chair of Hickling Parish Council 07798 518759. (Do please leave a message if no-one answers your call – we will come back to you!)
Applications by email (preferred) or post: Marked, Confidential PC Clerk Application
Mail to: HPC New Parish Clerk, c/o The Osiers, Stubb Road, Hickling, Norfolk NR12 0YS
Deadline for applications May 31st 2022
BARFORD AND WRAMPLINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy for Clerk
Barford and Wramplingham Parish Council seeks an enthusiastic and committed individual to fulfil the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer starting on 1st September 2022. The vacancy is for six hours per week (flexible). The successful applicant must be available in person to service the meetings of the Council (normally the third Tuesday of the month).
The role will include:
Managing the day-to-day administrative processes of the Parish Council.
- Develop and maintain effective and secure electronic/other filing systems to record the business of the Parish Council.
Meeting administration including:
- Collation and issuing of notices and agendas, in consultation with appropriate Councillors.
- Taking minutes at Parish Council (and Annual Parish) meetings and offering procedural advice where required.
Management of the Council's finances including:
- Budgeting (including Precept), drafting and monitoring, bank reconciliations, and audit.
- Managing Council financial decisions.
Communicating with residents, councillors, and external organisations by appropriate means including:
- Face-to-face / by phone.
- Formal letter writing and email.
- Maintaining and updating the Council's website.
Maintain records of hours, leave etc. for Councillor approval.
Ensuring best practice in all aspects of the role including financial and health and safety.
Qualifications/experience and on-going training:
Salary by negotiation depending on experience (NALC pay scales).
- CILCA Qualified preferred, or a commitment to work towards obtaining this qualification.
- Training and support will be provided if required.
Experience in a local government environment would be an advantage, and knowledge of meeting administration and working to deadlines is essential.
- For further details, or to apply (CV and application form), please contact the Clerk, Mrs Heidi Frary:
Phone: 01603 759215
Deadline for applications: Thursday 30th June
Interviews for short-listed candidates will be during the first week of July.
CLAXTON PARISH COUNCIL
Claxton Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to the Council.
The position is available from 1 October 2021 onwards. The position is home-based for four hours per week. A laptop and printer are provided.
Salary to be agreed, depending on qualifications and experience, within the National Joint Council for Local Government Service's pay scale (range LC1 7 -12, currently £10.44 - £11.53 per hour, but an increase back-dated to 1 April 2021 is anticipated).
No formal qualifications are required although applications from CiLCA qualified clerks would be welcome.
A good standard of computer literacy and general administrative experience is necessary, as well as a sense of community engagement.
A handover from the Acting Clerk is available, as is necessary training.
Main duties include:
- Arranging, publicising and attending six Council meetings per year which from 2022 will be held on the 3rd Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September and November.
- Preparing agendas, meeting documentation and writing minutes.
- Acting as the Responsible Financial Officer in managing the Council's finances including preparing the budget, payment of invoices, reclaiming VAT and end of year accounts.
- Managing HMRC PAYE (Basic Tools).
- Maintaining Council files and records.
- Updating the Council element of the village website and Parish Council notice board.
- Managing Council assets.
- Dealing with correspondence, including liaising with District & County Councils, local organisations and the public.
- Monitoring and updating the Council on relevant planning applications and responding where required.
- Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to by informing and advising the Council and updating Council policies and processes.
For further details or to submit your application and CV contact:
David Hamblin, Chair of Claxton Parish Council at email@example.com.
HETHERSETT PARISH COUNCIL
SALARY RANGE SCP18 – SCP23 (£25,419 - £28,226 pro rata)
Hethersett Parish Council wish to appoint a self-motivated, innovative and experienced Assistant Clerk to help the Clerk in her legal duties.
The hours to be worked are 20 hours per week, including some evening work.
The successful candidate will be based at the Parish Council Office, Village Hall, Back Lane, Hethersett, Norwich NR9 3JJ.
The successful candidate will be qualified to at least GCSE A*- C level or equivalent and must possess good customer service, IT and social media skills as well as personal qualities of tact and diplomacy.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and be prepared to
study for the CiLCA qualification (if not already qualified) after successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
For further information or to request an application form please contact the Parish Clerk:
Annette Palmer PSLCC
Hethersett Parish Council
tel: 01603 810915/07902 322729
Completed application forms (CVs on their own will not be accepted)
must be received by 12 noon on Friday 13th May 2022.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing the 23rd May 2022
STOKE HOLY CROSS PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk/Financial Officer
Stoke Holy Cross Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to take on the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
The post is for 15 hours per week includes attendance at 10 Parish Council meetings per year and responsibility for the finances of the Council and its risk management.
Candidates should have book keeping skills, excellent communication, IT and organisational skills. Pay will be in line with NALC guidelines and according to experience and qualifications SCP 17 - 22. Support and training will be provided.
For further information and an application form, please contact Anita Rose vi email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 27th May 2022.
No Vacancies at present
OTHER COUNTIES & VACANCIES
SAXMUNDHAM TOWN COUNCIL
Town Clerk/RFO for Saxmundham, Suffolk
£36,922 -£40,876 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Saxmundham is a fast-growing market town, and the Town Council is seeking a full time Town Clerk/RFO to play a leading role in helping shape the future. This is not a position just about the formal responsibilities of Council: it is a role where the Clerk will be providing guidance and proactive work in the strategic development and achievement of the Council's plans. There may be some negotiation around the full-time hours for the right candidate
We are looking for someone to lead our small friendly team who can:
• Advise the Town Council in both legal responsibilities and wider work in the town.
• A strong communicator, able to articulate the views of the Council and liaise effectively with members of the community.
• Financially aware, able to manage resources and advise on budget setting
• Able to assist in project administration, contract negotiation and supplier management
• Approachable, friendly, well-organised and efficient.
Experience of working in local council/government is desirable but not essential, as appropriate training will be provided for the successful applicant. Remuneration will be based on experience, within the local government LC3 band.
Please contact Roz Barnett, Town Clerk, on 01728 604595 or email@example.com for an application pack. The closing date for applications is 6th of June 2022.
Advertising on the website is free to all councils. If you would to advertise a vacancy please email your advert to Helen Carrier, firstname.lastname@example.org in Word format. Please make sure you include the hours, salary or SCP rate and contact details. If your advert has a closing date the advert will be removed after this date unless you inform Helen otherwise. For help with recruitment please see the 'Recruitment' document below.