Norfolk ALC’s Wellbeing Initiative was launched in 2019 and has been formed and reformed in light of the momentous events in between.
Wellbeing means different things to different people but at its heart it refers to robust physical and mental health, with assured support when frail lonely or in despair. It further means affordable living and decent livelihoods. It is most evident in nurturing and protective families and in pleasing, caring and sheltering neighbourhoods.
The wellbeing of our communities is manifested in people, place and community. The Wellbeing Initiative aims to work with our member parish and town councils and other partners around the county to enhance the positive and minimise the negative so as to provide the best possible outcomes for our people places and communities.
- Identify and share good practice
- Look for opportunities to improve.
- Look to bring like-minded people together to assist and help one another.
- Help our members to create manage and maintain green spaces for the benefit of all.
- Seek to promote an understanding of nature and the benefits associated with interacting with the green environment.
- Promote Dignity and Respect(link)
- Identify and promote sources of funding and other help.
- Identify and promote ways for individuals and groups to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Look for and share ways of reducing energy consumption.
- Promote cycling and walking.
In particular we will:
- Champion the parish and town network and give a voice to their ideas and concerns with potential allies and partners.
- Promote and share good ideas.
- Look for ways in which ideas can be mutually supporting and enhancing.
- Represent the interests of parishes and towns at strategic forums.
The Wellbeing Initiative at Norfolk ALC is led by Pete Strange.
He can be contacted Tel: 07946 705787, e: firstname.lastname@example.org